SOAR members are available to provide educational presentations at your classroom, school/community event or workplace. These presentations are part of SOAR's Speak Up! project, which allows for different audiences to hear the first-hand experiences of survivors of domestic violence and to ask questions in an open, non-judgmental environment. The presentations are a great opportunity to bring a different perspective on domestic violence to your class or community. The presentations could be about general domestic violence dynamics or have a specific focus according to the needs of your group.
Here's a list of the most recent recent presentations by SOAR memers:
Organizing for Change, May 2011, MCADSV, Lansing, Michigan.
- Dynamics of Dating Violence, May 2011, Portsmouth High School, Porstsmouth, RI.
- Key Note Speech at Men Who Make a Difference, WRC, Newport, RI.
- DV 101, Why Does a Victim Stay, RICADV, April 2011, Warwick, RI.
- The Dynamics of Abuse, March 2011, Providence College, Providence RI.
- Organizing for Change, March 2011, RI College, Providence, RI.
Book your presentation today by calling Carmen or Shannon at 401.467.9940.